PRC - Hard To Recycle Collections
Since 2003, Pennsylvania Resources Council (PRC) has held Hard to Recycle collections in Southwestern PA. The goal is to provide responsible and convenient disposal for items that are not eligible for curbside recycling. At these events, individuals can recycle items such as e-waste, cell phones, polystyrene, Freon-containing appliances, tires, and more. For more information follow the link to the PRC’s Hard to Recycle Collections page.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR HARD TO RECYCLE EVENTS – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
AT ALL PRC COLLECTION EVENTS
- Place all materials in car trunk or trunk bed
- Stay in vehicle while contractor unloads materials
- Pay with cash, check, credit or debit card
Acceptable Materials & Associated Fees
Materials Collected for a FEE:
- All Computer Monitors (flat screen & CRT) – $20 each
- Televisions – $30 each
- Console or Rear Projection TVs – $40 each
- Printers – $5 each
- Small Freon Containing Appliances (window ac units, dehumidifiers) $10 each
- Fluorescent tubes: $2 per 4 foot tube
- Tires (car/truck) $5 without rims; $12 with rims
- Hard Drive Data Destruction Verification - 1 Drive $11 each
- Hard Drive Data Destruction Verification - each additional drive after 1st $3 each
Materials Collected at NO Cost:
- CPU (towers), laptops, mice, & keyboards
- Home phones & cellphones
- Tablets & UPS
- Servers, routers, & modems
- DVD Players, VCRs, & stereos
- Copiers & scanners
- Electronic cables
- Video game consoles
- Expanded Polystyrene packaging material
- Glass bottles, jugs, and jars (all colors, labels and lids can remain on)
We are NOT accepting batteries, CFLs and media (VHS, DVDs, Cassette tapes) at 2022. Visit www.greendisk.com for mail-in media recycling options.
For battery and CFL recycling visit Batteries Plus Bulbs or call 412-366-3658 for locations close to you.
If you have questions regarding Hard to Recycle Collections, please call 412.488.7490, x 1.