- Tax Information
- Property Tax
- Important Information
Real Estate Check List
When paying taxes, especially when choosing to pay close to deadlines, it is imperative to make sure:
- Check is NOT post-dated.
- Check is signed.
- Amount paid is correct and located in the TOTAL DUE BOX. For the school district this means including the per capita amount.
- Written or legal description is correct.
Failure to provide any of the above could result in the payment being returned and loosing either the discount or face amount.
- The Real Estate Tax Collector cannot accept post date checks.
- The Real Estate Tax Collector does not determine the "Full Market Value" of your property. Contact Allegheny County Assessment Department at 412-350-4600 with any questions.
- If you have refinanced your mortgage and have an escrow account with a different bank or mortgage company, please notify the Tax Office so your tax statements can be redirected.
- If you do not have an escrow account, as the homeowner you are responsible for paying the real estate taxes.
- If you do not receive a tax bill, you are responsible for calling or stopping into the tax office and obtaining one. Failure to receive a tax notice doe not relieve any taxpayer from liability for prompt payment of taxes.
- If the billing address for your real estate tax bill has changed after January 1 of this year, due to refinancing, no or paid off escrow, etc., please notify the tax office of the change.
- Residents are also encouraged to use the convenient drop-box located on the left side of our Borough Building (a receipt will be sent). If you mail your payment and wish a receipt, please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope